Menu
Shai88X
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speed low/ Connection intermittent Wireless

Hi,

I would like to start off this issue I had within weeks and as matter of fact lot of people having issues with Virgin Media slow or losing connection due to time-to-time and I understand its affected due to covid19, but having issues with more than a 1 week is major problem. So I decided to contact customer service I swear to god I am tired of of foreigner calls who reads a script of computer like a robot when I am telling him this issues and complaints is all over the place BBC, The Sun, Daily News and Techradar and he's asking me to do test when I have already done before the call. In during call I told him i have done speed test am getting from 4-16 mbps and he asking me to download app " Speed test" Did he not just listen what I said to him? This is point I am trying to across they just read scripts not listen that is extremely annoying. I have worked call centre before when customer uses a profanity languages which is wasn't toward the person nor personal when I am blaming the company  that the service providing and gave me warning not to cuss?

What load of shamble they aren't trained well nor to listening an obstruction yet I blame language barriers and to make matter worse its says on virgin media website " calls centre are closed only call if you have major issues" yet these outsource are!? Good will of gesture isn't good enough for this service I mean whats the point of having a service that you're not wiling to get! Yeah I can understand you can certain speed "upto" mate I am 200M fibre and I am nowhere near that speed as I am only getting 4-10 mbps. we're like 15 years away of timeline inventing speed and current year virgin media always increasing prices.

You need to invest the main issues not upgrading customers speed that is just false promising you providing. You will end up giving a customer  400mbps an example then later down the line  it will just decrease. Customers are not likely to be taken idiot as soon as they learn more about company it's simple they would just leave go elsewhere and its not about how much speed you can give but maintaining to certain service that they are satisfied. We literally paying for your bills put that as in fact without us Virgin media would not have been today what it is.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed low/ Connection intermittent Wireless

Are these wired or wireless speedtests?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Shai88X
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

wireless mate, as I do not have Ethernet cable to reach to and am right next to the wireless router. I tried changing channels too but didn’t help.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wireless speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed nor do they form a part of your contractual speeds.

You need to speedtest when wired. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Shai88X,

I have looked into your account and can see that you have spoken to the team about this but I can also see that you have an issue on most of your downstream channels that would be the cause of your issues.

I will need to get an engineer visit booked for this issue to be resolved, I will send over a private message in a moment, so that we can confirm the necessary details and get the engineer booked in for you.

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
Shai88X
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's completely understandable of course but the situation is I cannot connect through wire because I am far away from router. Not everyone can have wired connection due to their own reasons but I will look into it.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Shai88X,

If you can respond to my private message, I can get this looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos