Menu
prt32
Superfast
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Speed has been sub 600 for over a week now on 1gig

Hey, I'm on the 1gig service, and it has been great for a few months now. However this past week it has been sub 600 no matter what time of day I test it. 
I'm running in modem mode and nothing has changed in the house at all.
Any ideas what to check next please

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG6.JPG

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed has been sub 600 for over a week now on 1gig

What speed do you get on https://samknows.com/realspeed/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card? You will need to put the Hub in router mode 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
prt32
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

7.JPG

This is what my whitebox is showing for the last month

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lets try that again!

What speed do you get on https://samknows.com/realspeed/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card? You will need to put the Hub in router mode

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
0 Kudos
prt32
Superfast
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

8.JPG

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still not what I asked for, your running the test of a Samknows Whitebox and not of the Hub 4 so we can see what's coming into the Hub on it's own. I suggest you ring it in to Virgin as you clearly can't follow simple instructions on here 🙂

prt32
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I get this while in router mode connected direct fromCapture.JPGhub to pc with cat 6 cable

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You need to disconnect the whitebox as it cannot read 2 devices with the same chip.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @prt32

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this.

Sorry to hear you're having some speed issues but we will try to assist you as best as we can. 

If you could follow @conman33158 advice so we can look at the speeds closer that would be fab. 

Also may sound very obvious, but have you checked the service status page in case there are any outages in your area that could be causing this? You can access the link here

Have you also carried out a pin hole reset and a reboot of the hub to see if this makes a difference to your speeds. 

Please do let us know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos