Menu
DBristoll
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow upload speed

Hi all

We had our virgin Medai package installed yesterday. I ran a speed test after installation and found the download speed was 52MB/s (2 MB/s faster than our plan, great!). However, the upload was only 0.1MB/s. I tried again late last night and was getting around 12MB/s upload but this morning we're back at 0.1 - 0.2 MB/s.

I've called the support line to explain the problem. They've advised that there's a known issue in the area (B31 2PL). Upon viewing the current service status I've found that the current known issue relates to TV (which I am also experiencing), but not broadband.

I've seen on another post the kind of information requested. Here's the current upstream status from my router's status page:

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

1603000004.975512064 qam9
2394000004.675512064 qam12
3462000004.775512064 qam11
4537000004.875512064 qam10

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1ATDMA0000
2ATDMA0000
3ATDMA0000
4ATDMA0000

Any help is appreciated. Please let me know if there's anything else you need.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow upload speed

Ask for the fault reference 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
DBristoll
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I called back to get the fault reference. The person I spoke to said that they couldn't find a local fault affecting broadband. He said there may have been one earlier, but there's not one now.

He did ask me to run through some diagnostics which involved resetting the router but I'm unable to do that now as the other half is working from home. If I still have the problem later I'll call them back and go through that then.

0 Kudos
DBristoll
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again

Called them up on Friday. I was told again that there is a local fault and they gave the fault code F008161537. The "Check service status" screen shows there'se nothing wrong, but, when I run tests via the page I get:

"

Network issue
We have detected an issue that maybe affecting your broadband

What does this mean?

• This issue is caused by interference on our network impacting multiple customers in your area.
  • This will cause intermittent speeds and performance may vary at different times.
  • Our Network teams are aware of this issue and further details on resolution will be available as soon as possible.

"

The advisor said that the expected eta for resolution is 1 July, so, nuless anyone here has any better ideas, I'll just be patient for now.

I'll call up on 2 July if not resolved and keep you posted.

All the best

David

0 Kudos