Menu
Highlighted
Gaz252
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow upload speed

Hi,

For years we have been paying over £100 a month for our package which includes the '' broadband. I was always happy with the download speed but the upload speed usually made it to 12mb/s on a good day which bothered me a little especially when i heard about what upload speeds friends were getting on smaller packages whether that had something to with the area in which i lived i don't know but i just went with it. Recently I have been doing speed tests and have noticed that the upload speed has drastically been reduced by almost 50% i am barely getting 7mb/s on a good day. Our package has always been the same i haven't changed anything and when i rang up for help and support i got a call center in India and was told 'We don't promise anything on upload speed if there is a problem with download then we can help you' . Maybe i was expecting too much but i kinda felt like i wasn't treated like a valued customer and now we get a letter in the post saying our bill is going up next month to compensate for the increased demand to Virgins broadband service. I have always been loyal to VM but now i am  seriously considering switching.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow upload speed

You can see the current available tiers and speeds here:
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds.html

Around 12Mbps is the average upload speed for VIVID 200, and lower tiers on Virgin Media don't have a faster upload.

There is no traffic management on broadband services, so if your upload is consistency slower that the tier average, there is an issue somewhere that would need some investigation.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gaz252,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to learn you are having an issue with the upload speeds.

Looking at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine with no errors.

Do you notice this speed on all devices?

Can it be any time of the day?

Can you try a speed test whilst the Hub is in modem mode please and let us know the result? When testing use speedtest.net.

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AbyssKnight
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have VIVID 350 broadband only, last year 26/12/18 and before I had upload speed 20mb/s average wired connection. Tested today 3 times average 3 Mbps what gives ? 

0 Kudos
Mart280
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

You would be best starting your own post for this to be honest as you are just adding to a post that was resolved over a year ago, when you do post some router stats as well by logging on to 192.168.0.1 remember to edit all your MAC details from anything you post then someone will take a look.

0 Kudos