Menu
LauraAimeParis
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds

Hi, Just checking if there will be any update to the service status for the Exeter area?

I know of at least 7 other customers with the same issues so I am pretty sure, especially after some shenanigans on Friday, that there is a fault in the area. We're all getting between 5 and 25Mbps. Not anywhere near our subscribed total. This all began late last week.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds

It will take about a week for a VM Staff member to cone on here to update you.

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

Try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
LauraAimeParis
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yup, checked and hoping they'll update it to the reality. No point in a status page when it doesn't reflect reality and a router knows when it is having problems. There are hundreds of monitoring tools that will reflect the actual status, not the one they wish us to see. As my account is linked, they know my IP, they know which gateway I am using and, therefore, the page could reflect the status of the router I am currently connected to. It's not a lot of extra code. I just expect an ISP to have this information to hand, they've been in this business for a quarter of a century.... surely enough to improve their fault detection.

Don't get me wrong, in general, I am incredibly happy with the service. I am just surprised at the poor follow up on a fault and lack of transparency.

LauraAimeParis_0-1610990781173.png

0 Kudos
LauraAimeParis
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos