Menu
ianjmcd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds on 1gb

ive been with virgin since it was rolled out in my area 2 years ago upgrading my speed each time a faster speed was rolled out recently upgraded to 1gb but only get on average 350mb have had two engineers out fibres cleaned box outside replaced only thing thats not been replaced is the cable from cabinet
both engineers mystified why im only getting those speeds (on their equipment and mine) when speeds to the router are correct
i have tried hard wired and wireless and speeds dont get any better
think i will be leaving shortly

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds on 1gb

Never had a Hub4 (or a Hub3 for that matter) so this may be cobblers but...

If you log into the Hub4 settings can you see a Configuration Settings Page (or similar) in there - if so look for boxes called Maximum Data Transfer Rate for up and down channels and see what numbers are in there (may be in bps not Mbps). Just wondering if your recent upgrade didn't go through properly to inform the Hub let the new speeds through

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ianjmcd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

according to the engineers who have visited nothing untoward in the hub settings and ive had 3 hubs 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well.. something is capping it at 350 and thats all I can think of as its an odd speed (did you actually look?).
Unless there is some QoS software running on one of your devices that is partitioning bandwith to a max of 350 per device.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos