Menu
ED14
Tuning in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow download and upload speeds

Today is by far the worst day for the internet. It works perfectly fine in the evenings and first thing but as soon as it hits 9am which is the majority of people’s working hours the internet dies on me. 

I also use a windows pc for work but have a MacBook as my personal computer and I struggle to even load a webpage on that in the evenings. 

I reset the hub this morning again. Seems like I have to reset it every time it drops out for it to get some sort of connection.. really not ideal!!

0 Kudos
ED14
Tuning in
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Is there any update from Virgin on this?! It’s been almost two weeks since my first post and I haven’t heard anything and I am still have very slow speeds. 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

All your downstream power level are all too high

Also the 3.1 Download stream power level is too high, and one of your upload streams should be 64 QAM and not 32 QAM

Channel ID

Lock Status

RxMER Data (dB)

PLC Power (dBmV)

Correcteds (Active Profile)

Uncorrectables (Active Profile)

Channel

Frequency (Hz)

Power (dBmV)

Symbol Rate (ksps)

Modulation

Channel ID

5120 KSym/sec

64QAM

5120 KSym/sec

64QAM

5120 KSym/sec

32QAM

5120 KSym/sec

64QAM

You will need an engineer visit to put these right. Best to ring VM after 8am or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, typically between 5-10 days, sometime sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
ED14
Tuning in
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help!

although the saga does not end here.... having tried phoning the 0345 454 111 number 11 times last Wednesday I couldn’t get through. I then phoned first thing on Thursday morning and got through to an operator only to be told it wasn’t their department that could help and I needed to speak to another department who are monitoring or answering phones at the moment so they needed to request a call back.

I said this is fine, but how long will it take and the person on the phone assured me it would take a minimum of 4 hours to a maximum of 72 hours for someone to get back to me. Nearly a week later and I still HAVE’NT heard from them. This is RIDICULOUS. 

In a time when it’s so important for everyone to have a strong internet connection the customer service I am receiving from Virgin is appalling. I am paying every month for speeds which I am not getting. 

I can barely log in to do a zoom or teams call before it drops out and I can’t even browse the internet in some cases. It’s making working from home impossible. 

please can someone from virgin sort this out. I have even raised a complaint with customer services a week ago and in the automated response it said someone would get back to me within 48 hours but yet again I’m still waiting to hear from them. 

Totally appalling behaviour and customer service. PLEASE SORT IT OUT. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos