cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds

AimeeB88
Tuning in

Hi, 

I've noticed the past couple of days that our WiFi signal has been terrible in the house, Netflix and Disney+ having to buffer.

Just checked my speed and it's running at around 40mbps.  I'm on the M500 package and I know my internet speed should be a minimum of 258mbps, so what on earth is this 40?

I had an engineer come out just before Christmas and said that the signal to the house was too strong, so he had altered it - not sure if this has anything to now do with our internet speed being so bad? 

We live in a large house so since we had Virgin installed we've always used a TP Link mesh system to extend our WiFi connection around the house, these have always worked amazingly well with the hub 3 in modem mode, so why now all of a sudden is the internet so crud?

2 REPLIES 2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Check the hub is in modem mode.

Do a speed test by wire
---------------------------------------------------------------

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello AimeeB88

Thanks for taking the time to raise your query regarding the broadband speeds over your wireless network, it's disappointing ot hear they're below the levels we'd expect.

We can see the Hub is currently in modem mode which limits the amount of data or diagnostics we can run, have you been able to run a wired speed test via ethernet from the Hub using a laptop or PC to see what speeds are available?

Please let us know.

Rob