Menu
conman33158
Super solver
Message 21 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband

In the meantime I'll keep an eye on your BQM as well, it will need several hours though, typically overnight to show any sort of pattern 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
RichardHHH
Tuning in
Message 22 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  BTW typically we turn the router off from 10pm to 7am. 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 23 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@RichardHHH wrote:

Thank you.  BTW typically we turn the router off from 10pm to 7am. 

That's your choice but I would leave my router on 24/7, the BQM won't be of much use as this will show red when off-line and can't build a reliable picture of what's going on with your line. My mum would be the same, she turns off her router at night, old school I guess....lol 🙂

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
RichardHHH
Tuning in
Message 24 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Conman33158

I didn't turn it off last night, but the ThinkBroadman chart still looks very odd between 11.30pm and 1.30am!

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 25 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Yes mate, I just checked your BQM (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ae899e1388c88e402a17ca729731fdda05...) and it's showing signs of over utilisation and disconnection issues but this could also be attributed to a fault on the line.

Have you had any luck in getting through to Virgin to get an engineer booked as this definitely needs looked at?

0 Kudos
RichardHHH
Tuning in
Message 26 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  

In relation to utilisation issues, I imagine our neighbours who all use virgin the house have very high domestic use - 10 adults all using computers for work at home. I wonder whether contention issues might be relevant.  

I was hoping this might be picked up by a moderator, but it hasn't been so I will give them a call this afternoon when I have a moment.  

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 27 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

To be honest the BQM could just be a reflection of a line fault, as soon as that's sorted it will show more or less if you have an over utilisation issue once the engineer has done what he needs to do.

RichardHHH
Tuning in
Message 28 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thank you @conman33158 

The Virgin Engineer came on Wednesday, upgraded our Superhub 2 to a Superhub 3, and sorted the high voltage issue you pointed out.  All working so much better now.  Thanks so much for your help - much appreciated. 

Have a good weekend.

Richard

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 29 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Nice one Richard, glad you got sorted👍

0 Kudos