Menu
neiliid
Tuning in
Message 21 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: SamKnows RealSpeed test

Hi 

The engineer never arrived, nor did I receive any phone call to say that there was a problem from their side.

Very disappointing. Also, still waiting for the mini box to be installed 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi neiliid,

I am terribly sorry to hear that - I have checked your account and cannot see why the appointment was missed but can certainly appreciate how frustrating that must have been.

I have booked in another appointment for the next available slot - you can find your appointment time slot via your My Virgin Media account.

In regards to the Mini Box, I can't see that this has been added to your account just yet. I'm afraid we cannot help with package changes or upgrades, so to add on the Mini Box to your account and arrange an installation, please do call us on either 0345 454 1111 / 150 or text us on 0753 305 1809 so our team can arrange this with you.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
neiliid
Tuning in
Message 23 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

The minibox is part of my Oomph package and should have been installed at the original installation date. It is not a new order, it is the original order which is incomplete and has now been pending for over month.

I have phoned the call centre and they advised that a request for a technican had been raised, I followed-up up again and it was confirmed that a technician would contact me to install the mini-box, but have not heard anything. Please check the call logs and case notes and ensure a technician is scheduled for the installation of the mini box and that the appropriate credit is made to the account for the incomplete installation as well as the missed appointment.

Thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 24 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@neiliid wrote:

Hi Beth,

The minibox is part of my Oomph package and should have been installed at the original installation date. It is not a new order, it is the original order which is incomplete and has now been pending for over a month.

That will be because of the recent COVID restrictions. Second box installs were suspended until recently to cut down the amount of time techs were spending in the premises. The backlog is being worked through now, so the rest of the install should have been picked up on.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

neiliid
Tuning in
Message 25 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

A quick update. A technician attended today, great guy, and he said that the channels on the broadband were misconfigured and that these have been corrected. He also double checked for any loose connections (and ran in the cables for the mini box).

The long and short of it is that the speeds are now operating as expected, as can be seen below, speeds are massively improved. Thanks to all that helped @beth_g

Capture.PNG

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 26 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi again neiliid,

Thanks for the update, that's brilliant news.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @neiliid, that's great news to hear that your speeds have massively improved.

Please let us know if you have any further issues with your services.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos