cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish Customer Service

Steve2106
Joining in

I have just been on to Virgin Customer service to complain that I had an appointment with a Virgin Engineer who didn't show up. I was told that because there were issues with Virgin broadband in my postcode, the appointment was cancelled. Would have been nice if someone told me, I wouldn't of rushed home to make sure I was in.

I told Colin (Customer Service, Not) that the issue has been going on for months that is why an engineer was booked. I asked Colin why I was paying for 350M/bit and only getting 87M/bit. Colin's answer, "You only get the speed to the box not your PC" I said I should only pay for 100M/bit in that case. He said do what you want. He didn't want to help at all. Didn't care that an engineer failed to show up. I pay over £ 130.00 for this rubbish service. Sky is calling.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Re the connectivity - no isp guarantees wifi connectivity - there are too many variables - its always excluded in the T&C's

That said...

Are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

If its wifi only then there are things we can explore to help fix that

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Steve2106, and I'm terribly sorry to hear of the poor customer services, on top of the recent issues that have been experienced in your local area.

Can you please confirm if there are any local area issues currently?

If you're also able to address the questions posted by @jbrennand, that would be most welcome.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn