cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power levels ok? BQM all over the place lately...

robbiekhan
Up to speed

Hi, recently my BQM has been showing massive spikes for the maximum latency. I've noticed that my speeds are affected if I start a download on Steam, for example, even though I'm manually locking download speeds at 100MB/s which in the past has been no problem and allowed me to stream anything online and not buffer. Without locking the DL speed in apps like Steam I was able to download at circa 118MB/s, or as mentioned, browse/stream etc with no issues.

I'm on a HUB4, when I was on a HUB3 before upgrading to Gig1, an attenuator was attached by the technician who dropped the HUB3 off at the time. I was told the attenuator would not be needed for Gig1 when arranging the self install kit with the HUB4, and it has been fine since install over a year ago. Until now.

For ref, I am on modem only mode and use my own router (Asus RT AC-68U).

ANy advice apprecaited, maybe need a technician out to investigate?

BQM:

ALqauVH

Stats from hub in the reply post below.

33 REPLIES 33

robbiekhan
Up to speed

I just realised the above wasn't the live graph, here's the live graph, wasn't idle no but just generally using the line etc:

sNZjlLb

Hi @robbiekhan,

It looks like you've provided a screenshot, so that's only providing a snapshot of the connection at that time as opposed to the live BQM where we can see your connection quality in real-time.

Would you be able to share the link to your live BQM?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @robbiekhan thanks for your reply.

So it does appear you do have some issues that need a technician to get things sorted for you.

Please expect a PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks, yes as you can see from the latest live graph, between 2am and 4am there were issues, everyone was asleep then!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

maybe your connection is being flooded

---------------------------------------------------------------

robbiekhan
Up to speed

Not sure, surely that would affect downloads too though, this is just latency issues and given the power levels, would explain it.

Hi robbiekhan, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I can see that Tom got the engineer booked in so please keep us posted on how things go after the visit. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, yes indeed the tech arrived this morning before 9am and was back up and running around 10am. He replaced the Hub 4 with a Hub 5 and did some attenuation to the cable (3dB iirc). I am now getting 100Mb upload which I wasn't getting on the Hub 4, and it's too early to tell as the BQM will need a few days to update, the same live link posted earlier works as my IP has not changed.

Will update in a few days time!

Thanks for the update @robbiekhan 

Glad to hear that it all seems to be resolved. If anything does change, please let us know and we'll investigate further if needed. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can then mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley