Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor WiFi coverage in certain rooms of the house

I recently signed up to Virgin, I went for the Ultimate oomph package promising 516 mbps average.

in a few rooms of my home the connection is poor.  Will Virgin send me a couple of WiFi boosters to compensate for the poor WiFi levels? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor WiFi coverage in certain rooms of the house

Download the VM Connect app, use that to assess the signal, and it will offer links to web pages to get the boosters.  But that doesn't mean you'll get them free, and if VM want to charge you a monthly fee that's poor value.  A further thought is that the boosters are not a universal cure-all, and there are circumstances where they perform badly.

Many of us have concluded that the cheap hubs that VM supply will never offer an adequate wireless connection, and have invested our own money in a new router, a wireless mesh system, or related solutions.  They tend to offer much better performance than a VM hub even with boosters, but equally there's some customers who are entirely happy with the VM hub, with or without the VM boosters.

Also worth recognising that there's limits on the speed of connection over wireless, so whatever approach you take, don't expect many wireless devices to show anything like 500 Mbps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I have the same problem.
Can you recommend a mesh system that works well and is easy to install ?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BT Whole Home 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos