Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Speeds up and down SL2 Postcode area the last few days.

We'll hope for the best too @MR-T 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MR-T
Up to speed
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie_WT,

A new update to my problem can you check that this is correct for me Katie, i got a text to my mobile saying the problem with my service has been fixed, restart the equipment and wait 30 minutes.

Done that  speed downstream 342 Mb/s upstream 6.7 Mb/s so the upstream is still poor and 2 channels are still 32 Qam, they are all 64 Qam usually.

The other strange thing is the Network log is not showing the reboot, in fact the log seems to be stuck on the 2nd October.

So if you could just check if your showing  that my problem was fixed, because i am not seeing it here.

Kind Regards

MR-T.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update and glad to hear they've implemented a fix so quickly.

We can see that you've recently rebooted.

If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MR-T
Up to speed
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily_G

No they have not fixed it, thats why i am asking you to check with Network if its showing as fixed.

My upstream speed is only just over 6 MB/s, it normally 38 Mb/s So not fixed.😪

Kind Regards

MR-T.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Louis_R
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi MR-T,

We would like to have a further look into this for you. It will require a PM in order to gain access to this information. We will follow up right away to ask a few questions and assist with the problem you are facing.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MR-T
Up to speed
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louis_R

got your appointment for Monday morning between 8 am & 12 pm, i did a speed test this morning and was getting the correct speed, (ie) 38 Mb/s up & 387 Mb/s down, although their does seem to be a lot of Pre Rs errors.

I am still of the opinion the problem is network related, as these issues only appeared after a major issue just over a week ago, its been hit and miss ever since.

I will keep an eye on this over the next few days, and if it settles down over the weekend i will cancel the appointment.

I would be interested to know what Virgins acceptable upstream speed is for the M350 package, i have read a couple of post on here suggesting you do not guarantee the upstream speed, is this true? every package i have had over the past 10 years i have always got the full upstream for the package i was on.

Kind Regards,

MR-T.

0 Kudos
MR-T
Up to speed
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

just an update to my slow speed on the upstream and suspected noise on the upstream, all of my 4 upstream channels are back to 64 Qam, which i suspect their was a local network issue.

Its been fine for the last couple of days, so fingers crossed, i have cancelled the engineer visit so this thread can be closed.

Many thanks to the mods and others for their help.😁

Kind Regards,

MR-T.

0 Kudos