cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Connection Throughout House

KarenP13
Joining in

Hi,

We're new to Virgin and have had intermittent connection throughout the house since it was installed two months ago. We live in a 3 bed semi and wifi hardly exists in main bedroom! I'm using the Virgin App to show black spots, tried optimising when it advises. I've phoned Virgin, first time they told me to buy a booster which would help with black spots - which as a new customer I wasn't prepared to do as it's not customer satisfaction. And when I didn't receive a call back, emailed support who emailed to say they had fixed our 'wifi traffic jam'.

However still experiencing the same issues and wondered if anyone can advise? This is a brief look at our router log for past week or so:

20/07/2021 20:31:22critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**-MAC=**=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

19/07/2021 19:05:11ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=e**-MAC=**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/07/2021 01:45:16criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**;CMTS-MAC=**-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
16/07/2021 22:10:24noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**;CMTS-MAC=**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
16/07/2021 21:57:17criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**;CMTS-MAC=**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1

lotharmat
Community elder
WiFi is never guaranteed as there are too many variables - house construction - objects in the way - competing WIfi signals etc.

A lot of people, who value their sanity have noted that VM hubs are bargain basement - they looked at better ones but market research said that customers weren't interested in paying the extra it would have cost!

You'd be best getting your own router!

VM will let you rent a pod for £5 per month - but for that, you'd be better getting your own solution that you'd own and can take to another supplier if you change!

People often say that BT guarantee wifi throughout the whole house - they are partly correct. BT will rent you a MESH system for £10 per month which will usually do the trick but again - that's £120 per year - Just buy a Deco M4 for £100 and keep it!

BT also say that if the mesh system doesn't solve wifi issues - return it and stop paying the £10 - Basically if paying an extra £120 per year doesn't solve wifi issues - tough luck - get your own system!

Definitely get your own routing system - your sanity will definitely thank you in the long run!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7