cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Broadband Speed Into House

00leel00
On our wavelength

We have the 350Mbps package but Ethernet connection from router to laptop using speedtest.net shows only 100-150Mbps coming into the house. WiFi connection constantly drops out, Virgin came and split the 2.5GHz and 5GHz into 2 last March thinking that the connection was getting stuck between the two….hasn’t made any difference. Slow speeds to begin with are far below what we pay for. The whole thing needs someone looking at an overhauling. Otherwise we will be leaving. Our speeds are below the limit for exiting our contract without penalty!

22 REPLIES 22

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @00leel00,

Thanks for getting back in touch - sorry to hear the issue could not be resolved by our engineer on the visit. 

I've just had a quick look and our team have noted that the Area Manager is arranging a re-visit, however, there is not a given time for this yet. I will email the local engineering team directly to get an update on this.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

00leel00
On our wavelength

Thanks.

Are you also able to tell me what it is/was in the status that looked off?

I have taken a look over things from here and I am unhappy with some of the status I am seeing.”

Many Thanks

Hi @00leel00

I will send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

00leel00
On our wavelength

Still not heard anything from you. Connection still drops out completely even via Ethernet cable. Please can you just terminate our contract free of charge? I’d genuinely rather have no internet, than pay for something that doesn’t work properly.

Hi 00leel00

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry to hear you've had no contact and have fed this back. 

We don't do package changes/cancellations via the forums, so you'd need to call us to discuss this.

I've ran a check on the systems and no issues are showing, all levels in spec, no outages etc.

Please could you do a BQM for us, let it run for a day or two and then post the results?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

00leel00
On our wavelength

3DBC7446-B2E9-4EA4-8D3C-D85AD9B75B4E.jpeg

 dropped out several times today. I assume this of course isn’t going to show that though.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi 00leel00,

Thanks for your post.

I have located your account and can see you have not rebooted in 18 days, if you could reboot and monitor over the next couple of days. Your BQM looks fine, your stats look fine on our end also.

Zoie

Hi, if the BQM isn't showing dropouts then its not loosing connection to CMTS, it actually looks really tidy.  Have you got any ethernets plugged in, try disconnecting all of those and monitoring.  May be worth doing a pinhole reset after you have disconnected them to reset all the logs.  Failing that has anyone swapped you hub?

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Hiya,

Hub was swapped on 2nd August. We literally turned every single device off at the plug, and switched phones off, connected to the laptop via Ethernet, and tried it cia WiFi, and it still drops the connection. Have tried on multiple laptops, with multiple wires. It’s so ridiculous!

Hi @00leel00,

I am sorry to hear that. Is this issue ongoing today? If so, have you performed a reboot as my colleague has advised?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!