Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pc Speed.

On my samsung s9 im getting 320 down and 36 up but if i test @ my pc im only hitting 240,
The box has 2 Nics in it and they both come with the same result, 240 Mbps and that is linked direct to the modem with no 3rd party hardware?

The pc is an I7 with 16gb of ram so im at a loss?

Any help would be much appreciated...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x V6 | 350Meg | 247 calls | Caller ID | Customer since 1999 & i know my onions 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pc Speed.

You've tried doing a speed test with the PC in safe mode?  Some AV and websafe services can slow down the connection from a PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is the PC a Dell by any chance? If so - disable Smartbytes.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ll try the test is safe mode. It I have never ha to do this before..

no it isn’t a dell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 x V6 | 350Meg | 247 calls | Caller ID | Customer since 1999 & i know my onions 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Safe mode is just to test whether some piece of software (ant-virus, malware, QOS, browser issue, etc.) you have running is unbeknown to you, slowing it down.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos