cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for 350Mbps and getting below 100Mbps

sweetleaf
On our wavelength

So I have recently upgraded my connection from the 250Mbps plan to 350Mbps and now I am getting less that I used to!!!! Also the quality of the line is rubbish as my latency jumps from 35ms to 65ms down to 35ms and then back to 90ms!!!

Just have a look on the down/up speed from a speed test I took 1 min ago:

sweetleaf_0-1624903657712.png

27 REPLIES 27

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @sweetleaf 

Thank you for taking the time to come back to us. 

I have checked further over the account this morning & I can see that there is still a utilization outage still ongoing & is now down to be resolved on December the 6th. 

Having checked I can see that you have yet to be compensated for the high utilization, I have credited the account based on your current package & the amount of time you have been facing this. You can check your credit amount via your My Virgin Media Account

Kind regards,

Zak_M

sweetleaf
On our wavelength

Hello,

I still get less Mbps but since yesterday the quality of the line is rubbish with latency jumping from 30ms to 70ms, down to 45ms and so on!!!!!!! IT IS A NIGHTMARE! Can you guys please have a look and tell me what kind of problem you are facing again and when it is going to be resolved????

Thanks

Looks like you buffer under load for the download when not hitting your upto package this could be due to the set QoS\BWM at VM end with HFQ which fairly gives everyone even available bandwidth but means when you hit the max you can get you buffer where a SFQ buffers traffic you get fairly but is subject to someone having more connections for more bandwidth.

---------------------------------------------------------------

sweetleaf
On our wavelength

Hello @Alessandro,

I am not sure how this information is useful to me. I hope a moderator can get some value out of it. The problem still persists, thats what matters to me!

Thanks

This is what I experience when I `ping` www.google.com :

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 19.50.36.png

Or could be your dropping in the upstream does your modulation drop from QAM64 ? maybe setup a BQM
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/list
---------------------------------------------------------------

sweetleaf
On our wavelength

hey @Alessandro Volta,

Thank you for your message, but I am not going to spend time debugging the issue. 100% of my past issues were a problem on Virgin's side.

Thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sweetleaf,

Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some service issues with your broadband.

I have been able to check our systems and I can see that there is a local area issue that is impacting your services. There's currently a local SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) outage in your area. The Fault number is F009800799 and the estimated fix time is currently listed as 09/05/22 at 17:15.

I am very sorry that you're being impacted by this issue and I can assure you that our engineers are working hard to resolve this issue. You can keep up to date on this problem by checking our Service Checker page or calling our Automated Service line on 0800 561 0061.

Let us know if your issues continue past this date and we'll update you as much as we can.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs