Menu
Maz1231
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing speed isssues

Hi,

We recently upgraded from 100 to 350 speed with Virgin. However there has been no change in the speed. We are getting 9mbs download, which is insanely slow, and this has been the case for months now.

We are based in Brixton in London and when we renewed our contract we were told there were upgrade works in our area which were causing our slow speeds, and that should be complete by November. However the speeds have not changed.

I cant stream anything, my laptop gives up trying to load pictures. I have to hotspot off my phone. 

I've done all the things virgin recccommed to get higher speeds to no avail. Does anyone have anything I can do?

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ongoing speed isssues

Are you testing speeds via wireless or wired connection?

What speed do you get on https://speedtest.samknows.com/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card?

1. Make sure the cable is Cat 5e or better
  2. Make sure your PC/laptop has a 1Gbps or better network card
  3. Make sure Hub is in router mode
  4. Disconnect all other Ethernet cables when running the test
***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Maz1231
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We are using wireless.

Unfortunately no one in our house has a laptop that has an ethernet port, so we can't test this.

Now it's the daytime we have gotten to the heady speeds of 23mbps.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately Virgin don't guarantee wireless speeds only wired connection 😞

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos