cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Docsis 3.1 Channels & Support Won't Help

miteshjoshi
On our wavelength

I have been on GIG1 for some time now but randomly my broadband stopped working a couple of weeks ago. After raising this with Support, troubleshooting and arranging for a new hub to be sent to me (which didn't arrive) I ended up with a Engineer appointment where the Engineer replaced the hub. We managed to get the service up and running the day after he visited but the original problem he noted and explained on the day of the visit is still not resolved.

The problem is that my hub is only picking up Docsis 3 channels and hence the speeds vary and drop every so often. The max I will ever get from the hub us 550-600mbps. I have been informed and researched to find that this is because Docsis 3 only has a capacity maximum of say 700mbps. I need to be on Docsis 3.1 channels to get the speeds I am paying for. 

I raised this now about 5 times with support and also the engineer who visited. Support keep giving me the usual which is Docsis 3.1 is for connecting a telephone line to the hub. The engineer has said he has raised to his triage team who have confirmed its due to my account being created on the Docsis 3 platform. I need my account to be moved to the Docsis 3.1 platform but now nobody is willing to help me and I don't know what I do. 

Please help as I know others on here have posted and they have managed to get the issue resolved. 

25 REPLIES 25

Exactly the same problems I’m having. 
I am now due another engineer to come to the house and check but this issue has been ongoing for over a year. 
anything in specific I can do to get resolved quicker?

Hi miteshjoshi,

I've arranged an engineer visit for you now, you can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

Thank you. 
I assume the engineer will have clear updates on this thread so he can resolve the problem. 

@miteshjoshi wrote:

Thank you. 
I assume the engineer will have clear updates on this thread so he can resolve the problem. 

I wouldn't have thought so!

@miteshjoshi wrote:

Thank you. 

Oh the naivety!

No the engineer/technician will have absolutely no idea of the background of the issue - indeed, as per some posts on here, they may well have no idea as to why they are there and what they are expected to be doing!

So armed with that information, you need to be prepared to explain the whole sage to them when they turn up.

Hi @miteshjoshi

Thanks for the reply

Please do keep us updated with how your engineer visit goes and we can investigate further from here.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs