cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Docsis 3.1 Channels & Support Won't Help

miteshjoshi
On our wavelength

I have been on GIG1 for some time now but randomly my broadband stopped working a couple of weeks ago. After raising this with Support, troubleshooting and arranging for a new hub to be sent to me (which didn't arrive) I ended up with a Engineer appointment where the Engineer replaced the hub. We managed to get the service up and running the day after he visited but the original problem he noted and explained on the day of the visit is still not resolved.

The problem is that my hub is only picking up Docsis 3 channels and hence the speeds vary and drop every so often. The max I will ever get from the hub us 550-600mbps. I have been informed and researched to find that this is because Docsis 3 only has a capacity maximum of say 700mbps. I need to be on Docsis 3.1 channels to get the speeds I am paying for. 

I raised this now about 5 times with support and also the engineer who visited. Support keep giving me the usual which is Docsis 3.1 is for connecting a telephone line to the hub. The engineer has said he has raised to his triage team who have confirmed its due to my account being created on the Docsis 3 platform. I need my account to be moved to the Docsis 3.1 platform but now nobody is willing to help me and I don't know what I do. 

Please help as I know others on here have posted and they have managed to get the issue resolved. 

25 REPLIES 25

Hi all

I still haven’t had anyone from the support team contact me via this thread. 
can anyone tag one of them or is there a way to get their attention???

Hi miteshjoshi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your hub picking up the DOCSIS 3.1 channel. 

In order to resolve this, can you please hold the reset pin on the new modem device for a minimum of 60 seconds and this then should kick the Hub into play. If it doesn't connect to the 3.1 channels after this, we'll need to book an engineer out. 

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath thanks for your reply. 
The issue isn’t that my hub is at fault. 
I’ve had a engineer already attend and replace the hub and the old nor the new hub pick up 3.1 channels. 
The engineer called his manager and found my account hasn’t been set up to receive the 3.1 channels when it should have been. I can assure you doing what you say probably won’t work but happy to try it for you. 

Kath,

I tried your solution earlier this evening and the hub still doesn’t pick up at docsis 3.1 channels. 
please do read my previous reply as well as it will explain having a engineer attend won’t help. 
please respond as soon as possible as this has now been going on for months and months. 
thanks 

Hi miteshjoshi, 

Thanks for coming back to me and trying this. 

I got this directly from an area field manager in another area as there was another customer experiencing the same issues when trying to lock on to the DOCSIS 3.1 channel. We don't set up accounts to connect to the different, these are automatically done. 

As you have a different area field manager to the other customer, I have emailed them to find out the best way to proceed here for you. 

Once I have a reply, I will come back to you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi miteshjoshi, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. The area field manager has come back to me now to advise that the best course of action here is to get another engineer out. 

This is because as your account is set up for 1GB, you should be locking on to the channel. 

If you're happy for me to book the visit, please pop back and let me know so I can get this booked in asap for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath,

Thank you for your replies.

I am happy to have a engineer attend. If you and I can confirm some dates then this can be arranged asap.

Please do note a engineer did attend some 2 weeks ago and changed the hub for your info.

Regards

Kath,

I’m still awaiting dates and confirmation of when a engineer will be attending. Please confirm. 

regarfs 

Hi miteshjoshi,

Apologies for the late reply,

I'll need to confirm a few details with your before I can book the technician visit so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

I had this issue recently with my fathers account. Turned out to be an external network issue from a new install.

Internally the flat was fine, then the engineer tested the second part of the connection before it went out to the street and hadn't been setup correctly or something was faulty. Usually it's nothing due with anything in your home. I had to jump through a lot of hoops mind you to resolve it.