Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New M200 slower than M50

New customer. Had M200 installed 10 days ago. Getting download speeds of 20-30. 

Done all the troubleshooting steps. Spoken to techinal support who split the bandwidth into 2.4g and 5g. Got fobbed off by retention department who then said they could see a fault with my hub (seemed very taken aback when I said I'd only had it a week). Installed new hub, same issue - not changed in the slightest.

For bonus points, got told by one that the minimum guaranteed speeds only applied to wired connections not WiFi then another told me they don't apply at all!

Joined a shocking company but really hoping someone can help to solve the speed issues.  Shelled out the extra for worse speed that I was getting with last provider. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New M200 slower than M50

Test your speed by wire then if you think you can do better for wireless get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do you get when wired direct to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Spotted it as high as 180 on ps4 when wired. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies, I'm not very technical at all. Does this mean have everything wired? Or is the Virgin Hub just not as good as others for WiFi? 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No,wifi on the Hub is not great, but be warned once you add your own router it gives them another 'out' to deflect from poor line speed.

Look all over this forum & the wifi one next to it or on Virgins twitter feed & you'll see the same story as you are seeing,doesn't matter what plan (1gb,500,200).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Testing by a console isn’t an accurate way to speedtest, especially on a PS4. 

Not sure what “another out” you’re referring to either?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll have a read. I'm still in my cooling off period so could always switch provider again. No point paying premium for startard service! 

0 Kudos