Menu
Coop67
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neighbour using all the juice🤷🏻

I've now ran separate speed checks [using Google's speed test/I prefer that] with the wired average being 105Mbs so defo more stable than wifi!

To be honest, I've always doubted the 3.0 Hub for it's performance and have questioned it several times with Virgin but you get the same old same old - restart it!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I push Virgin for a new Hub OR do I bite the bullet and buy my own third party hub/router - can you do this with the Virgin set up?

Thanks

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

the hub is ribbish. get your own router and run the hub in modem mode
Coop67
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Can you recommend a good, value for money router Mark and set-up? Thanks
0 Kudos
parkym74
Tuning in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have the EdgeRouter X as my router connected to the hub which is in modem mode but it doesn't have Wi-Fi built in.

You will need separate Wi-Fi access points to provide Wi-Fi capabilities. I am using the BT Mini Whole Home devices for Wi-Fi.

There is plenty of help on the internet to getting it set-up and working for home use.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Coop67 wrote:
Can you recommend a good, value for money router Mark and set-up? Thanks

A decent wifi 6 router would be your best option. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08CBC2WH2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

or this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081TQ91TC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use both in an AiMesh set up.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos