Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My Gigabit service is slower than my 350 Megabit one!

I think 2 months is plenty of time to bed in, but this is ridiculous.

Where do I get a refund?

Anyone else getting poor results, if you're fortunate enough to live in an enabled area?

Today I'm just breaking the 200 Mbit barrier. Somedays it gets to 950. Something seriously off with this service.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Gigabit service is slower than my 350 Megabit one!

Are you testing with wifi or ethernet cable?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cable, cat 6.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

2020-02-21 20_18_39-Broadband Speed Checker - UK's No.1 Broadband Speed Test.png2020-02-21 20_18_48-Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Firstly set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

then

Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser URL bar and press enter.  When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’. Copy and paste the contents of each tab onto here, a Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

Ive just upgraded to gigabit from M350 too and got the same, disappointing problem.  did this get resolved for you?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@JohnLich wrote:

Hi Mike

Ive just upgraded to gigabit from M350 too and got the same, disappointing problem.  did this get resolved for you?

Do you have a Hub4?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos