Menu
On our wavelength
Message 41 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manchester 1gig

Another voice for actual info please I'm in oldham I want the service I'd have bought it the day it came out. I'm in the greater Manchester area so by the info you release I should have it but as people have already said for the sake of marketing you seem to dumb it down so much.

Also since when did people getting letters about maintenance not had one in all the years I've been a customer.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 42 of 49
Flag for a moderator

I recived another "maintenance" letter back in Jan to advise of downtime on Feb 3rd, that time my service was down a few times between 6AM and 12PM and subsequent checks online still show the fastest I can get is M500.

I have a question for someone at VM, if/when 1Gig goes live will we all be advised/encouraged to upgrade or will be have to keep checking ourselves?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 43 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hi Drefsab,

Have you spoken to our sales team in regards to this as advised by Emily? They will have the systems required to check this information for you.

If not, if you're happy to share your postcode with me, I'll ask the question to the relevant team for you.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 44 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Had my 3rd letter about maintenance few weeks date was 25th Feb this one check postcode  checker see can get new 1gig but now saying only can get 200mb even tho I'm on 350mb service before I could get 500mb since this maintenance saying 200mb anyone knows what's happening my postcode is OL70AE cheers

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 45 of 49
Flag for a moderator

I can still not get the 1gig speeds.........

It is now nearly 2021 too....... Crazy that they still have not enabled it in my postcode after all this time. I am starting to feel they will never do it or leave us right until LAST.... Seriously NOT happy what so ever........

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 46 of 49
Flag for a moderator

@DreamRJ wrote:

I can still not get the 1gig speeds.........

It is now nearly 2021 too....... Crazy that they still have not enabled it in my postcode after all this time. I am starting to feel they will never do it or leave us right until LAST.... Seriously NOT happy what so ever........

While I am interested in 1 Gig speeds there are bigger issues going on in the world at the moment than moaning coz we don’t have it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 47 of 49
Flag for a moderator

HI dazlicous, thanks for the message, we are rolling the 1GB speeds out as soon as we can. We will inform you when it becomes available ^Chris

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 48 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hi could anyone tell me when gig1 for aera 4 my postcode is tf4 2aa please will be next year as i dowmgraded my virgin broadband from m500 to m350 to save money i dont see the difference between m500 and m350 from my xbox series x downloads speeds  i only its only 150 mpbs but i want 1gig speeds as i am a heavy data user as my games are digital only .

So im waiting for 5g to come in my aera  as im with three or wait untill gig 1 from virgin .

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 49 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Download speeds on the XBox have never been to the maximum of you contracted speed this is a limitation of the actual console itself and limited from Microsoft servers.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos