Menu
Kurisu112
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

M500 no longer receiving average speeds

My setup...
Hub3 in modem mode, connected to a TP-Link Archer C5400.
Gig ethernet straight to laptop / surface.

Moved from M200 (average 230/23) 
Upgraded to M500

Started out at decent speeds would get 450+ at peak times but it has now slowed down to 330 maximum. At peak times it drops to a low of 200. 

Things I have tried...
- Resetting the hub
- Turning it off and on 😉
- Both WiFi and ethernet provide the same speed as my router supports over a gig throughput on 5ghz (just ethernet is obviously more stable)

I work in the IT sector myself so I have tried everything on my end. Feel this now needs looking at by VM.

Many thanks,
Chris 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: M500 no longer receiving average speeds

What speed do you get on https://speedtest.samknows.com/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card?

1. Make sure the cable is Cat 5e or better
  2. Make sure your PC/laptop has a 1Gbps or better network card
  3. Disconnect all other Ethernet cables when running the test
  4. Make sure you're not in modem mode
***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
Kurisu112
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Kurisu112_0-1616670300205.png
CAT6 - with modem mode. 

Can't test without modem mode at the moment.
Based on the fact I got 500Mbps previously running in this same setup surely rules out any issues with the router? 

Also test via LibreSpeed.org...

Kurisu112_1-1616670696841.png

conman33158
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Kurisu112 wrote:

previously running in this same setup surely rules out any issues with the router? 

That's what we are trying to ascertain, work from the Hub backwards 🙂

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
conman33158
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In the meantime can you please upload your router stats

Type 192.168.0.1 or (192.168.100.1 if you have your Hub in Modem mode) into your address bar at the top of your browser

DO NOT LOG IN, just click “Check Router Status” at the bottom of the page.

Please copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs, if you get a yellow warning just click the Post button again.

You can use more than one post for each item if needed!

If you get a warning when you hit “Post” just hit “Post” again and it should work ok!

Please do not use screenshots

Also can you please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com. Just click on Create a new monitor.

Under your graph you just created Click (Share Live Graph)

Copy the text in the “Direct Link” box and paste it on here

conman33158
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You might also need to "Allow pings from WAN port" in the Security -> Firewall tab on your router for the BQM to show on the graph 🙂

Kurisu112
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dammit... ignore me I'm a complete idiot! 

Because you mentioned testing my router I just remembered back that I was running traffic analysis so disabled NAT boost on my router *facepalm*

All fixed now haha... back to 550+ 

So sorry for the trouble! 

conman33158
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No worries mate, sometimes it's a simple fix, glad you're all sorted 🙂