Menu
JimboSails
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: M500 Broadband very slow. Router shows critical no ranging response errors

An outage yesterday of around an hour shows fairly clearly on the BQM. 

Numerous latency spikes, and my speeds are still around the 90mbps. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 22 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
JimboSails
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike - as the Hub is in Modem Mode, I cannot see those settings. 

The Nighthawk Router has the hub plugged into the WAN port, which is rated at 1gbps. However if I go to the statistics page for the router, it says the WAN port status is "100M/FULL" - whereas two of the LAN Ports are showing as '1000M/FULL". 

I had tested the router using a different cable, and nothing in the setup has changed since I got the 500Mbps speeds earlier this year, but it appears this may be the culprit. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
JimboSails
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It seems this is a known netgear issue, that the router doesn't negotiate the gigabit connection. I'll head over to their forums!

0 Kudos