Menu
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: M200 plan with Low Upload Speed - 5Mbps

@JaniOliveira wrote:

BQM Live Link

I have a feeling that your BQM is going to show high utilisation.

Your Hub data is all within spec although Upstream Channel 4 is getting very close to max power.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
JaniOliveira
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Right, what should I do?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Your BQM will need to run for 24 hours to get a proper picture.

If you can't wait, try phoning in with your low upload speeds and see what they say.

Phoning at 08:00 is the best time for a quick pick up at the other end.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
JaniOliveira
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I did another try this morning with SamKnows and same result. Upload around 5-6Mbps and I removed all devices from the network except my machine where i ran the test.

0 Kudos
JaniOliveira
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Anything that I can do to get a better upstream?
If I need to call Virgin, can you tell me number so I can make the call?

Cheers

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Was that a Wi-Fi or ethernet cable test ?

0 Kudos
JaniOliveira
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Network Cable test.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately your >> BQM << is showing that you are in an area of over utilisation.

A good friend of the forums @Andruser has commented on the forum about similar problems to yours ...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Advice-on-stats-etc/td-p/4555347/page/2

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Poor-BQM/m-p/4557860#M365466

JaniOliveira
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.
So there is nothing to do and Virgin is nowhere close to deliver the speed they advertise.

Cheers
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I also have M200 and live in a high utilisation area. I normally get about 10up and below is the BQM. Was getting around 4up on M100 before upgrade to M200.

Your area is worse than mine therefore can't see the upload getting any better 😞

sayekm_0-1613473561368.png

Below is weekend BQM. I do get 20 up weekend as there is no homeschooling or people working from home.

sayekm_1-1613473639818.png

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos