Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Loss of connection , router keeps rebooting

Hi, my router keeps rebooting every couple of hours , when is up I have discovered that I have only  have 2 upstream channels and not 4, I can get the 4 up stream if I do a full reset.

Also all the 24 downstream have thousands of errors.

Router network log shows lots of warning and critical errors.

Tried to connect VM on several occasion to raise a fault but can't get no one to answer..

I am hoping there is someone from VM here that can help me.

Thank you 

location is in NP18

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of connection , router keeps rebooting

post up the Downstream/Upstream/Network Logs data
Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of connection , router keeps rebooting

An alternative strategy:  Disconnect your hub from mains power, and place it on a robust surface.  Now get your best shoes (for example a nice pair of Goodyear-welted. Northampton made Oxfords, leather sole and good hard heel).  Take one shoe in your hand, holding it by the toe cap.  And then use it like a hammer and beat the carp out of the hub.  Let the red mist descend, DO NOT LET UP just because of a few cracks in the casing, keep going until the whole thing is pounded to tiny fragments.

Now phone 150, and explain that your hub was constantly rebooting, you've followed advice on the forums but still got no connection, and your hub is not now responding.  Of course, this might cost you £99 for a non-fault call out, but you can appeal that to arbitration with CISAS.  

Don't look at me.  The cat was walking on my keyboard.

0 Kudos