Menu
Fibre optic
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Less than a tenth of expected upload speeds all day.

It likely is the same problem. A utilisation issue is an area issue, so if you're in the area it covers you are likely affected by it. You personal experience may somewhat depend on just how much you notice it. For example, an M350 customer may have been complaining that their upload speed had dropped from 35 to 10 Mbps, but your test would still have shown full speed since 10 Mbps is all you can get. There is still an issue present (congestion), but your more limited speeds just hide it from you for longer.

Congestion faults tend to get worse before they get better (load keeps increasing before the fix can be rolled out) so it's not uncommon for lower tier customers to be less affected during the initial periods of slow downs, then start picking up on the issue at a later point.

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just as an additional separate point though, your upstream power levels are pretty much on the limit. All channels are still connected, at the best modulation and with no errors, so it probably isn't the issue right now, but they are worth keeping an eye on. If any of those 4 channels start dropping out, or the module decreases (to 32 or 16 QAM) then you may need an engineer visit.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

What is the status of area outage F007661893, as referred to above? I have download and upload broadband speeds which never reach the advertised level (up to about half that which is advertised and often much less for the download).  I had an engineer visit and he informed me that no more could be done until this area outage (the same code as quoted in this forum trace) has been resolved.  However, the outage has been in place for many months and the fix date continues to be extended.  What is the current status? Will it ever be resolved?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi SpaceCadet,

Thank you for your post. 

I have taken a look into this and the current estimated fix date for the fault: F007661893 is 17 JUN 2020 09:00. 

I'm sure our engineers are be working to get this resolved as soon as possible. Our apologies for any inconvenience. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

17/06/2020 was given as the latest resolution date for issue code F007661893. As it is now this date, what is the status? Has this issue now been resolved or even partly resolved? Has the resolution date been extended again as has happened numerous times in the past?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It’s an estimated fix date. Not a firm date. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos