Menu
cfergie89
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet capped at 90mbps

Anyone elses download speed being restricted to 90mbps? Yesterday and today my speed is stuck around 90 download, my upload is the usual 50ish. Iv tried wired on 3 different PC's and wireless on 2 phones. Is this because of the Christmas "rush" of new devices overloading the network? Iv reset my hub and router, speed goes back to normal for couple mins then gets capped again??

0 Kudos
Pars
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet capped at 90mbps

Do you mean 90Mbps download rather than upload?
M350 over FTTP
0 Kudos
cfergie89
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yea capped at 90mbps download, iv edited original post to say the correctly now 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What speed are you supposed to be getting? What router are you using? Are you in modem mode or router mode? Where are you testing your speed?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
cfergie89
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I should have 1gig, I have had the service for couple months and not had any issues bar VM usual b's they go through.

I've tested it using Google's test, speedtest.net website and windows app, the speed test app on Android aswell. 

All ethernet tests are using good cables, different on each device, usually getting around 950-980 and my wireless performance had always been spot on, usually getting aroun 600-700 on wifi on my phone.

I have tried it both in modem mode with my own router and in router mode.

My speed returns for couple minutes after each reset then drops back down to around 90.

Really feels like a deliberate cap

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try putting the Hub 4 in router mode and see what speed you are getting with https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Just connect a single PC wired connection with a Cat 5e or above cable direct from the router, just to see what's actually coming into the router and what's coming out the other end. 90mb speed seems very suspect of a cable or NIC running at 10/100mbps so it's just to rule out a slow speed coming into the actual router.

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos