Menu
chawdry
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Connection

I wanted to know if this is something that can be resolved, or if its an issue at all.

We are the 200MB package using a lot of devices but we have intermittent connections usually everyday at random times for up to 5-10 minutes, and I wanted to know how this could get resolved?

My speeds average to 90-100mbps download but these intermittent issues persist. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Connection

Is the issue just with wireless devices or Ethernet connected ones as well?

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

chawdry
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's only wireless devices, we have a enterprise level wifi hotspot around the house (Ubiquiti) so there are no blackspots anywhere.

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@chawdry wrote:

It's only wireless devices, we have a enterprise level wifi hotspot around the house (Ubiquiti) so there are no blackspots anywhere.

To be clear, are you saying Ethernet connected devices are not affected, or you only have wireless devices?

Have you tried taking the Ubiquiti kit out of the equation to rule out a fault with that?  It is one of the first things VM staff will ask you to do as they can't support third party kit and will need to know if the issue occurs when connected direct to the hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
chawdry
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The Ubiquiti are just access points, we use the Virgin Router Superhub 3.0. We have both wired and wireless connections, wired has no issues.

0 Kudos
d_an9641
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

are the APs connected to the superhub 3.0 over ethernet or wifi?

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@chawdry wrote:

The Ubiquiti are just access points, we use the Virgin Router Superhub 3.0. We have both wired and wireless connections, wired has no issues.

If the issue is only with wireless devices then it doesn't sound like an issue with your VM line dropping the connection as that would impact wired connections too.  If the wireless devices are all connecting through the Ubiquiti APs then logically they would seem to me to be the prime suspect, hence why as a diagnostic tool I'd take them out of the equation and see if things improve.

I appreciate that the range of the Hub 3 (FYI it has never been called a superhub) might not be sufficient for your needs, but I'm only suggesting a temporary test without the APs to see if it makes a difference.

0 Kudos