cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Connection / Poor Upload Speed

Timrees88
Tuning in

Within the last month or so we have begun suffering from intermittent speeds and in particular, very poor upload speeds at times that make dialing into video calls impossible. 

We have M500 service, a Hub 4, and three virgin Wifi pods dotted around, so while connection is over Wifi, it doesn't seem to be a connectivity issue (and the service was previously fine with just one pod).

Any help, much appreciated!

I'm running a BQM - 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/3219f8756aa935dac3f3b95658ccd905d83bb4b5
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/98418d8fdc62d68a4184b4182fa7097f26643981-14-12-2021

14 REPLIES 14

We have now had two appointments to repull our cable (after a technician came and said the cable was too old / faulty causing noise on the line), both of which have ended in failure.

I was told by the team that came the second time they couldn't change the cable, as the cabling in the street is not labelled properly and so they couldn't tell which one to unplug. How is this possible after multiple technician appointments, external construction work undertaken by Virgin ahead of the first appointment, and an earlier appointment from the cableing team ????

I now have a new appointment in a months time, until which time, almost every video call we try to undertake will drop out due to our poor connection. Not only is the time wait unacceptable (it will have been ~3 months from when the issue was first raised where we have not had functioning internet) but I also have no confidence anything will be done to have fixed the issue by the next appointment...so when that rolls around I expect the team to come out, tell me the cant replace the cable and leave, setting up another appointment in a months time.

I cannot begin to understand how the customer service can be this bad. I have requested callbacks, registered complaints and heard nothing. All that is ever offered is to book new appointment that ultimately comes and goes with no resolution.

AWFUL  

I wanted to bring this back into the main forum to make it clear to others how awful Virgin's communication is, and the repeated false promises I have received. 

A third technicians appointment today was again a failure, for all the same reasons previously communicated. This technician however decided to cut the cable to try to make the improvements, leaving me with no service. He promised the new team would be out in "less than four days" to reconnect the cable and it would be a quick process when they did so, despite me communicating that it has taken a month to get this new appointment. "No sir, we are a new company everything is moving much quicker, I promise you". Lo and behold, and a new appointment is booked for March 10th, three and a half weeks from now. In the meantime we have no internet, at all.

I have also been promised, in the interim on at least three occasions that I will hear from the Area Field Manager given how poorly this has been managed to explain the situation. This was once again the promise today. I am yet to hear back from them at all, or in relation to the multiple complaints I have logged from the handling of the case. I was warned against selecting Virgin in my new property given the awful customer service experiences of others, but I had not had such issues in my previous property, so went ahead. I will never be doing so again.  

Hi @Timrees88, thanks for your post although I'm genuinely sorry for what you've gone through at the moment.

I can see that you're communicating with a colleague via PM about this directly since you've posted, so I'll allow you to continue to keep communicating with them directly to get this sorted.

Many thanks

Tom_W

The issue is, Tom, nobody is actually doing anything to make any effort to fix the issue. every time I call or get messages via the forum I am given empty promises that I will get a call from someone that never happens, or the next appointment will definitely be the one that will fix the issue, and instead if has got progressively worse.

I have been lied to, multiple times, by engineers that have come to the property about the timelines, and there seems to be no communication at all from engineer visit to engineer visit, so obviously the issues are not getting resolved.

Why is it nobody at Virgin can actually do anything to help resolve the issue, despite being very happy to continue collecting my payments?

Hi @Timrees88,

I appreciate that you're frustrated, and I do apologise. If you continue to reach out to my colleague via private message, I'm sure that we'll be able to help.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!