cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent speeds and huge latency spikes - Gig1 is a joke

Azimkar
Tuning in

Been having issues for years with this joke of a company and it's unfortunate there are no good alternatives in my area, seems like Virgin have sold me an unusable service, everyday at peak times the service becomes unusable due to latency issues and slow speeds, throttling. Forget about gaming properly or anything of the like.

The speed tests range from anywhere between 300-1000 depending on the time of day. 

The SNR etc tables below are after a reset from the utterly useless Whatsapp chat support, seriously if you are having issues don't waste your time on the phone or via online chat. It seems like this is the only place to get an engineer booked without wasting hours of your life talking to what might as well be a robot giving you generic answers saying 400mb is "good speed" and offering to send "wifi mesh" devices which are completely irrelevant to the issue. 

If the issue can't be solved I'll be looking to terminate my contract with Virgin and seek compensation for being sold an unusable product. The network clearly can't handle the customers yet they keep selling in this area.

image.png

Azimkar_0-1649872620614.pngAzimkar_1-1649872634868.png

Azimkar_2-1649872642374.png

Azimkar_3-1649872651598.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

If someone from Virgin could PM me to book an engineer a.s.a.p - Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Azimkar
Tuning in

@Azimkar wrote:

Azimkar_0-1649872044011.pngAzimkar_1-1649872055336.pngAzimkar_2-1649872061688.png

Azimkar_3-1649872069960.png

Those BQMs are irrelevant as all users experienced this due to a 'blip'.

The images will be rejected as you've posted your public IP.

HUB states look fine (Do you have a DOCSIS 3.1 channel?). A couple of downstream power levels out of spec, which might be worth getting adjusted.

I don't think it's irrelevant at all, if anything it makes it even worse that everyone on the network is getting 60%+ packet loss at peak times. That's not a useable service. 

Azimkar_0-1649872439961.png

@Azimkar wrote:

I don't think it's irrelevant at all, if anything it makes it even worse that everyone on the network is getting 60%+ packet loss at peak times. That's not a useable service. 

I disagree, some issues/downtime is expected on a residential line.

So just the downstream power levels to get adjusted then.

Not really interested in you shilling for Virgin on my post thanks. 

No-one in their right mind would think 60%+ packet loss every single day for hours is "some issues" and "expected".

@Azimkar wrote:

Not really interested in you shilling for Virgin on my post thanks. 

No-one in their right mind would think 60%+ packet loss every single day for hours is "some issues" and "expected".

It was a few days this week, then it was resolved.

Post your current live BQM, which will be 'flat'.

Get VM to sort the downstream power levels and go from there.

Azimkar
Tuning in

Anyone from the forum team?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carl_pearce wrote:

@Azimkar wrote:

I disagree, some issues/downtime is expected on a residential line.

So just the downstream power levels to get adjusted then.

That fault or similar appears a couple of times a year and impact VM Business leased line customers too.

Hi Azimkarm, 

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've had some issues with your connection. 

I've been able to have a look at things from our side, and can see there is a power issue.

I'll need to arrange an engineer visit to resolve this, before I can book this I just need to confirm a few details. 

I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm