cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to get a SH4 to get 1gig even though I have a SH5??

padcontrol
Dialled in

Hi,

I was on the ultimate oomph package and have now changed my contract to the ultimate volt. My broadband speed is supposed to be upgraded to 1gig via the 'volt' upgrade.

I am currently using a Super Hub 5. I was told I would need a super hub 4 to activate the speed boost before seeing the speed increase. Which is currently out of stock and due in June. So for now I'd stay on the M600 speed. This all sounds bizarre.

Is this true? Or was I told wrong.

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
hub 5 can do 1Gb check your speed rate in the hub Operation Configuration Max Traffic Rate
---------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I was thinking. 

The person I spoke to specifically said I required a SH4 to activate the speed boost, as the SH5 is unable to do it. Once activated I could then swap back to the SH5. Problem is there is 0 stock of SH4 routers and June is the estimated date.

So I'm very confused as that all makes no sense.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hub 5 is not in general release as the firmware is still being finalised for Pods and VoIP etc.   It maybe this is the problem and 1GB needs a Hub 4 to be "ordered" or something ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's somewhat what I was told. It needs a kick start apparently. Just want to know this is 100% case or if anyone else is in the same boat.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All I know, or believe to be correct at this time, is that the Hub 5 is still not in general release pending firmware development, and is not offered to 1GB customers.  It's still by invite only and as such is not yet ready.

I have a Hub 5 btw, but it's in modem mode as I've always supplied my own networking kit for many years.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeh I also have the hub 5 in modem mode with an external router. I'm may give virgin a call and see what they say, but I'm going to assume it's what your saying. Frustrating as I'd have to wait till June to receive a SH4 apparently due to stock.

Hi padcontrol,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry for the confusion regarding your speed upgrade and the equipment.

We'll need a few more details to be able to look into this for you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm