cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub has lost DOCSIS 3.1 Downstream channel

damienh97
Tuning in

I'm on a hub 4 with the gig 1 package and my hub has been losing the DOCSIS 3.1 downstream for over 2 months. I'd like to request a hub 5 as it seems to be a problem with the hub.

This has been causing ping spikes on the downstream and a reduction in download speed

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Hero

Check for a local fault on 0800 456 0061 - ( automated service )

It is quite possible the DOCSIS 3.1 signal or lack of, is a service issue.

Checked that through the my virgin media issue detector, it says the broadband service is functioning fine in my postcode

It is best to call 0800 561 0061

Half of Colchester needs to have black TV screens / internet outages before the "Check service status" web page shows any hint of an issue.

Just called, no issues with broadband service in my postcode

Spoke to support on WhatsApp, should be getting a hub 5 which might fix it hopefully

Hi @damienh97,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been facing some connection issues recently. I've checked things over on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently. Please let us know if the Hub 5 you've mentioned improves things at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Spoke to support on WhatsApp, should be getting a hub 5 which might fix it hopefully" That could be a cop out, as the Hub5 has firmware that does nor display the DOCSIS 3.1 channels even when they are working.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

@Tudor wrote:

"Spoke to support on WhatsApp, should be getting a hub 5 which might fix it hopefully" That could be a cop out, as the Hub5 has firmware that does nor display the DOCSIS 3.1 channels even when they are working.

Bingo.