Menu
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Log into the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices pageRe: Hub M500 40 - 100 download

What does it show the link speed as for the device that you did the speed test with ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
TemiOlad
Tuning in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Log into the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices pageRe: Hub M500 40 - 100 download

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Log into the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices pageRe: Hub M500 40 - 100 download

That does not seem correct, we would expect to see 10 or 100 or 1000.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
TemiOlad
Tuning in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

TemiOlad_0-1602878527277.png

Onlt 1 says 1000 and that's my virgin box

0 Kudos
TemiOlad
Tuning in
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hey - any help on this? Just checked my BQM and it has loads of dropped packs. Please help me here I'm in desperate need, my internet is so bad and I'm paying for M500. Please

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Check that your BQM is referring to your current IP address, and if it is, repost a link to shared live chart.  That'll show us what the packet drops look like.  

Most of your earlier hub stats were OK, although the Network log was riddled with frequent timeouts that didn't appear to be reflected in that earlier BQM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

54Mbs is a Wi-Fi card speed not a Network Interface Card (NIC) speed.

To keep it simple, can you select a device , preferably quite new that you can connect an ethernet cable to and then connect it to your Hub.

What is the connection speed of that device in the Hub > Connected Devices list ?

Now do do a speed test at >> speedtest.net << using that device, what speed do you get ?

Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

And another thing - 54 Mbps?  That is the top speed of an 802.11g wifi connection.  

If you're going to measure speeds on a wireless device, what's the device, what's the band connected (2.4 or 5 GHz), and have you sorted out the rubbish defaults on the hub?

You'll be told that you can't measure speeds over wifi, you certainly can (and VM's field technicians do), but you need to know what you're doing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos