Did you mean: 

Hub 4 problems

pross
Joining in

I am experiencing the problems as listed by all with the Hub 4 

I have recently this week received it as I upgraded to 1gb from Hub 3 and 500gb

The speed is less than 500 when i run the speed tests on my pc

I have done the usual of turning the hub off etc but that does not solve 

The  Sam knows QR again as with other posts does not work and says enabled device is off line

I have reported to virgin who say they will monitor the speed !!!!!!!!!

I am connected to my pc with a Cat 6 cable and the light is orange which I understand shows it can accept 1 gb

How do I get someone to come out and check this problem rather than have to put up with remote checks which are not solving anything

This is so frustrating as I am getting nowhere at present

Any assistance is appreciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

I believe there was a previous post saying VM have fixed the SamKnows problem recently.   It may help the speed problem as well.?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

I believe there was a previous post saying VM have fixed the SamKnows problem recently.   It may help the speed problem as well.?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Done that

The hub did not require resetting with passwords and problems still exist

Thanks

Hi pross, 

Thanks for your post. I've just replied to your thread here: Connection cable for new Hub4

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs