Menu
awj1978
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

High Utilisation WV4

Hi all,

I'm on a 350mbps package with Virgin and have been calling on and off for about 8 weeks now as our broadband is currently downloading at 20mbps. (this is decent!)

An engineer has attended and confirmed it's an issue in the street due to high utilisation, an area manager of the engineering team was supposed to call me 2 weeks ago and advise but nothing. 

I'm sick of sitting in a queue for up to 2 hours to be told to reboot my modem. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/43903ccffa596601615870e268e38e1c22... 

It's getting to the point now where I don't know what to do, we are working from home due to the pandemic which is becoming near impossible.  I posted in another thread on here rather than start a new one but that doesn't seem to get an answer from anyone!

Not happy, I'm trying here but if this comes to nothing this week, Virgin your equipment will be in the middle of the street for collection. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Utilisation WV4

You need to either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 10 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
awj1978
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The VM staff have ignored the other thread discussing the problem, I don't hold out much hope.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@awj1978 wrote:

The VM staff have ignored the other thread discussing the problem, I don't hold out much hope.

Speak to Retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1- 1 - 4 - 4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 08:00 until 21:00 BUT calling early between 08.00-10.00  midweek is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre with staff more informed and helpful. They seem to have the power of God over other departments.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
awj1978
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Tried that already though as they amazingly answer the phone after 2 mins!

All they could do was put me through to Manilla and tech support. It's an endless loop. 

Just ran a speed test and I'm currently getting 1.5mbps DL with a 35mbps UL, it's ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
awj1978
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Virgin Media - When are you going to fix this issue??!!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Unbearable-Speed-Packet-Loss-Ping-Spikes-Ongoing-for-MONT...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Packet-loss-high-ping-WV4-Area/m-p/4471047#M247761

There are now three seperate threads on this issue in the area yet you refuse to even acknowledge or fix the problem. We are in the middle of a pandemic meaning people need to work from home, it's an excuse you use yourselves for the ridiculous waiting times for call centres, so can someone please take ownership of this issue? Six months this has been going on and it is disgusting CS. 

0 Kudos
awj1978
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still nothing Virgin?

What exactly is the point of this forum?

AndiH2021
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same issues with lag spikes up to 160ms every two seconds. Had engineers come over and all they said was that the only fix for high utilisation is to upgrade the cabinet to handle more connections. IMO the best solution is to just leave VM for another broadband.

0 Kudos
Gandi69
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Also in WV4, I’d advise to leave if you can. I’d rather slower but decent latency fttc than what virgin are offering. 

0 Kudos