Menu
FMNR
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HUB3 firmware

Hello, 

I know I'm late to the party, but just got my Hub 3 online yesterday.

I've just checked and the firmware its running is 9.1.116V, which I understand isn't the latest and could actually be detrimental to on-line gaming etc.

I've tried turning off at the power socket for 60 seconds and back on again, but nothing changes. It just reboots and still shows 9.1.116V.

Is this normal? Isn't the whole country on the newer firmware by now? I'm based in Leeds if that makes any difference.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: HUB3 firmware

That version is ~3 years old - did it not upgrade when you first connected ? Try restarting again.

Or, try a pinhole reset to factory settings.  With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that.  Let it run a while and see if it updates - if not switch off for 5' and see if that forces it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
FMNR
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

That version is ~3 years old - did it not upgrade when you first connected ? Try restarting again.

Or, try a pinhole reset to factory settings.  With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that.  Let it run a while and see if it updates - if not switch off for 5' and see if that forces it.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a try and update results here.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just leave it on it will get the update at some point.

0 Kudos
FMNR
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@legacy1 wrote:
Just leave it on it will get the update at some point.

Thanks for the reply. I assumed that was how this worked i.e. it's automatic. But how long does it take? It's been on for over 24 hours now (with two or three reboots). 

Shouldn't the system just immediately detect old firmware & download the update? Or is it a scheduled weekly update or something like that??

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It will update when your not looking it likely is trying to work out when to update without you rebooting it in the middle of it.

0 Kudos
FMNR
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @jbrennand

Did as you suggested and it worked like a charm first time. Thank you.

@legacy1's snarky advice didn't work. 

0 Kudos
volts
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@FMNR wrote:

Hey @jbrennand

That advice certainly wasn't snarky as i'm sure many people have just left their devices to it and it updated eventually

Serious point though what does the new firmware you needed so badly fix ???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AliasNeo
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@volts wrote:

@FMNR wrote:

Hey @jbrennand

That advice certainly wasn't snarky as i'm sure many people have just left their devices to it and it updated eventually

Serious point though what does the new firmware you needed so badly fix ???

This.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latenc...

0 Kudos