cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 upgrade on oomph package

dannic1994
Joining in

hello! been using the oomph package for a while now under the impression it keeps me on the fastest internet speed available (happened when the 600mb package was released)

just noticed 1gb is now available in my area, and I want it.

does this cost extra now? as on my profile on the virgin website it says my 600mb is the fastest available speed, yet i can order the 1gb package since it's now available

C6OZQLt

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

The upgrades, offers and potential shown in My Virgin Media can be ignored - it's not the full set of offers, the maximum speeds can be inaccurate, and any prices are going to be full whack.  You'll need to phone and select options for "upgrading my package".  Sometimes there's an online chat option for this, it can deliver good outcomes but doesn't have the best of reputations.  If you're not currently in a fixed term contract, don't select upgrades, go down the thinking of leaving options, and play the "want better value or I'll leave" card, noting that you're seeking better bang for your buck, not pushing for a lower price/lower speed.

Be aware the wifi is no faster on the Hub 4 that you'll get, compared to the Hub 3, so give thought to what benefit you expect to see from going from 600 to 1,000 Mbps.  For a very, very few users that upgrade makes logical sense, for most customers the only accurate rationale is "because I want it, and it's my money I'm spending", since they'll never notice any difference in everyday use.  So long as you are happy with your reasons for upgrading there's nothing wrong with that at all, in the same way that many people choose a car that has performance they'll never reach the limits of.

Thanks for your post dannic1994,

If the option is there within your online account, then you are welcome to choose that option. It is likely to be a different price as it a different bundle you would be signing up for.

Cheers,

Corey C