cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 Speed to hub dropping multiple times per day

jordo2k1
On our wavelength

hey all.

got gig1 upgrade about two weeks ago and ever since then my internet speed drops to a crawl multiple times during the day.

when I notice the slowdown I normally test real speed and ookla. both report around 35mb dl.(including speed to hub in real speed).

when the service isn't slow and i test on reel speed I easily get around 1.1gb to hub speeds and 950mb speeds over ethernet to pc.

any ideas what could be causing the slowdowns? I didn't notice slowdowns like this before i upgraded from 500mb.

its really starting to take the mick.

13 REPLIES 13

@jordo2k1 wrote:

The capping seems to be popping up alot when I've been reading. I've been told no speed or usage management is used with the gig1 package but its funny how when my line speed drops its always about 40mb.

Engineer hopefully will fix the issue but if I have a similar issue to what your experiencing then I'm guessing this could be a bit of back and fourth until its resolved

Your HUB power levels and SNR are well out of spec, so no traffic management, just a bad connection.

Engineer visit tomorrow so I guess we'll see...

jordo2k1
On our wavelength

engineer could not fix the problem, he said there's an issue with cabling outside and once he's noted the job down it could take a few weeks to get sorted.

bloody great, upgrade and take a new contract and get the **bleep** taken straight away. is there any policy for bill credit on gig1 when your speed to hub is like this?

also how do i know that the fault is actually going to get fixed? i didnt get a fault number or job number etc just the engineers name and id.

cheers

Good Morning @jordo2k1, thanks for your posts on our Forum and I'm terribly sorry to hear of the connection issues, that require work outside of the property to be completed.

We don't have a policy as such to cover instances like this - we will however do all we can to have the issue resolved as soon as possible and if required, issue a loss of service credit if you don't have services for over a 48 hour period - with every 24 hour period beyond this crediting you £8.06 per day. 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn