cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 Install Wrong Bonded Channels (New Post)

muffintastic
Superfast

My original post is here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/No-Docsis-3-1-Channels-New-Install/td-p/4956455 - I guess people don't understand my issue as i'm posting for my father so I'll make it clear and simple.

1. My dad had Gig1 installed on the 1st of March, with a Hub 4, with a 10db attenuator installed too.

2. Looking at the channels within the router status page it using DOCSIS 3.0 channels for Gig1

3. I've researched this issue on this forum and he should have one channel bonded on the DOCSIS 3.1 side, since Gig1 runs on that and not DOCSIS 3,0

4. Pictures of the hub stats are in the original post.

5. Don't ask me to do a speed test that has nothing to do with the channels bonded.

6. Last speed test was 850mb / 51 up.

Can someone please tell me why my dad's Gig1 is using DOCSIS 3.0, pulled 24 channels on the downstream and 4 on the upstream. I thought Gig1 uses DOCSIS 3.1 

I tried to speak to a "Technical Advisor" on the phone clearly he didn't understand my issue(s).

There are numerous posts about this also.

I have made it simple and clearer.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Not sure.. but there have been a number of examples of this issue - on the Networking & Wireless forum - so might be worth a search on there. But there were at least a couple of examples where the customer had been signed up to the 1GB service.... but it hadn't actually been activated at their location - so no 3.1 channel was evident

Do any of his neighbours have a good 1GB connection - to rule that out?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@jbrennand wrote:
Not sure.. but there have been a number of examples of this issue - on the Networking & Wireless forum - so might be worth a search on there. But there were at least a couple of examples where the customer had been signed up to the 1GB service.... but it hadn't actually been activated at their location - so no 3.1 channel was evident

Do any of his neighbours have a good 1GB connection - to rule that out?

I'm not sure because it was installed in a block of flats 15 floors. Basically after x amount of years Virgin arrived at his location or property, and contractors are modernising it yet again so they placed the relevant coax, and installed it at the end of the street. 

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi muffintastic,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community in regards to your Fathers 1GB connection and that he isn't getting the expected channels, I have tried to have a look at things our end however can only see your details, I will be more than happy to have a look further as long as you are able to clear security on his account, I will send you an invite into a private chat so we can look further into this for him, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.