Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Erratic Speeds

Hi,

I'm getting very erratic speeds from my broadband.  I'm on the M350 package and my hub 3 is in modem mode.

My Asus Router is new.

I'm getting speeds from 14mbs to 380mbs, but more often than not its the lower end of the spectrum.

I have a number of friends in IT who have remoted on to my pc and we've run a number of tests, checked settings, tried using just the hub 3.  I've reset the hub and my router a number of times from 5s to full 60s pin hole resets.  

I thought at first it was my WiFi but the tests on my wired connection always mirror my wifi connection so it seems my speeds are up and down like a yoyo.

£54pm is not an inconsiderable amount for this service and I'm paying for this because I need it.

I've done the test your line section on the website, done all the things recommended.

I'm in the TN24 area in Kent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Erratic Speeds

Meant to add, area 22.

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

First thing to rule out is problems with your SH connection.

I assume your IT friends showed you how to connect to your SH and read the stats - post them here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also area codes are for billing not geographical locations 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Goof Afternoon RobboC

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of your speed issues. It appears that we currently have an outage under the reference F008071752  

This is due to be fixed at 18:00 today.

Beyond this point, please reset the hub and run tests on the speed for us, using an Ethernet cable and with the hub in modem mode - this will tell us exactly what speed we have entering your home.

You are also welcome to keep tabs on the outage, and future outages of course, via the service status page. This will advise you of any outages and will give you an estimated fix time and date - http://virg.in/service or call our Service Status Line 0800 561 0061 for an update

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos