Menu
FROSTY69
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade broadband online

Why is it that it is impossible to downgrade my broadband package on the Virgin website when it is so easy to upgrade it? In this day and age is everything about greed with these mega company's. They ask you to phone them to downgrade but this causes hours of unanswered calls made worse by Covid apparently, even tough their upgrade or new customers services don't seem to be affected by it at all and can be done instantly online or answered quickly on the phone. The capability of adding a downgrade for packages with an online option should be no different than an upgrade one. 

Just had a letter to say my 200m package is going up by another £3.50 to over £50.

With my wife being made redundant because of the Covid situation and income not being as it should be at the moment you think they would be making life a little easier for us. But apparently not, it's still about the money.

I wish to cut my connection to the 100m scheme and half my bills for a while or maybe even cancel completely, but it seems that is just near impossible to do at the moment. Even new customers get stuff far cheaper than myself even though I have been a customer for over 20 years.

Get your act together Virgin and make it easier for us through this tough time. Conning us into hanging up over unanswered phone calls is unacceptable and downright wrong.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrade broadband online

Hi FROSTY69, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am very sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the price increase. 

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months.  Over the last year our customers have been using their services more than ever, and data use on our network has increased by up to 95%.  We need to continue investing in our network to meet this demand and ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK. We’re investing more than £1bn in our network – helping to improve performance and reliability for our customers.

At the same time, we have supported our customers with a range of upgrades and new services at no extra cost. Whether that’s giving customers a free speed boost, upgrading their equipment or providing new content and channels, we’re committed to giving our customers more.

I would advise giving us another call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 after 8am in the morning so the team can advise further. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As Emma says, call on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 (others) follow options 1,1,4,4 the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly. You can negotiate a new deal but it will be in lieu of starting a new 18 month contract.

Note that because of the price rise you have 30 days since receiving the letter/eMail to cancel your VM service with 30 days notice and pay no early leaving charges

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
FROSTY69
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still does not address the question of why cant you have a simple way to reduce your package online with a few clicks like you can upgrading it.

Phoning at the moment is chaotic and nobody answers, just kept on hold forever in a massive queue.

I don't want speil about why you are forever raising your prices, I just want you to make things fair and easier for your long term customers to use.

0 Kudos
FROSTY69
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also tried calling today.

Recorded message said all teams are busy, try calling later. Then just cut off.

A reduce package option online would put a stop to all this annoyance.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi FROSTY69, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the experience. We do not downgrades here and would ask that you call us on 0345 454 1111 options 1 4 and 5 so that the customer relations team can look at the package for you. Please let us know how it goes? Chris. 

0 Kudos
FROSTY69
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just seems to be a never ending circle of VM standard issue reply's doesn't it.

No real customer service just unhelpful regurgitated answers.

Unless you want to pay them more money they are not really interested in getting you sorted quickly

PHONES ARE NOT ANSWERING OR MEGA WAITING TIMES !

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is a technical forum and we deal with technical issues and not downgrades. This would be the customer relations team. They can be contacted on 0345 454 1111 options, 1 4 and 5. Or you may contact the text team on 07533 051809 if you need help with your cable services, or 07533 016422 for mobile. ^Chris

0 Kudos
FROSTY69
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Your still not listening. Like your phone up number.

Phone ins are not answering for hours or are cutting you off saying they are too busy.

I don't want to live my life spending all day on the phone with no body answering. .... Would you ?

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to get through to us and would need to contact the customer relations in regards to the package change. Please contact them via the text number. ^Chris. 

0 Kudos