Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can i trust Google Speed test?

Hi

I am checking from time to time through speed test, and Google got their own speed test.

I check on different websites and every website gives me different result. What do you think ? Google is like always- the best place to really check the speed, or should i just do average speed from different sources ?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can i trust Google Speed test?

You can use what you want but VM only accept tests from speedtest.net as evidence.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can i trust Google Speed test?

As much as anything else you'd trust Google with......

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No. Google quotes Mbit/s but the numbers are in Mbytes/s, 8 times difference. Nice to have a 2x speed bump on 50M from VM yesterday though. 🙂

0 Kudos