Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speeds problem 200mb to 350mb

Hello, a month ago I did upgrade the internet from 200mb to 350mb, but after many tests I still have max 200mb, why is that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband speeds problem 200mb to 350mb

Hello

First of all welcome to the forum.

Can you turn off the hub for 30 secs and then back on.

Which hub do you have ?

How are you doing speed tests wired or wireless ?

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've done it many times, I still have 200 mb,hub3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Can you please post your network stats from the hub
Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address http://192.168.0.1
Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Hub 3.0 you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.
Posting the stats by copy and paste will remove all personal information so no breaches.
Do not login but click on where it says "Check Router Stats" and then copy and post from the following 4 tabs, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs (if they are pasted then all personal information is * out) and we can check your power level, also while you about that can you please go around and check that all connectors to VM equipment are hand tight. Also while doing this please check for any damage to cable, or un-terminated connection without either coax or a terminator.
Also please run "Check service status" at the top right of this forum and call 0800 561 0061 to check for local issues.
Also one think you can do is too signup at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and setup a broadband quality monitor which will keep an eye on you connection by sending a small amount of data to the hub asking if it still on.

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi, after posting about a problem with the speed of brodband and checking the speed again, I usually have 350mb, thank you for your help
0 Kudos