cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed dropped after upgrade

Mavdo
Tuning in

I called up to discuss my broad band speed. Yesterday I was upgraded from M350 to M500. But my speed has *dropped* from ~375Mbps to 280Mbps. I’ve rebooted my router three times to no effect.

The first agent said there was no issue and transferred me to the tech bar team. There he identified a ‘speed issue’ and transferred me to the broadband team. They were doing some investigations and the call was cut off.

I tried to reconnect but I couldn’t get through. On the chat service I was basically told there are no agents to help. I went to complaints and the person there replied by sending me a link to ‘My TV is broken’, which is the wrong service and the links doesn’t exist anyway, and the refused to say another word.

I just want the service I was contractually promised and while 280Mbps is more than the minimum service guarantee, if the service level on M500 is *worse* than M350, I want to go back to M350.

Seemingly VM haven’t recruited enough agents to actually help it’s customers. Even finding a number to call on the website is nigh-on impossible. It just keeps taking me to areas where it runs tests and they almost always say ‘we can’t run tests right now, try later’

The twitter team told me to post here as the last attempt at getting someone to help.

I’ve been a customer for over 20 years and I’m seriously this close to just giving up and leaving because there’s no one to help.

5 REPLIES 5

Mavdo
Tuning in

The online agent was silent for 45 minutes. When they eventually replied, I was away from my desk. After just 7 minutes they decided I didn’t need help any more and closed the conversation. AAAARRGGHHHHH!!!

Not too sure how your testing the speed, but have a try with this link it shows the service speed to the Hub + the speed the device draws.

Once the test starts click on : Run full test  to show all the figures.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Yes we got to this eventually. Speed shows correctly at the router by drops off significantly at the WiFi. The thing is, I was getting 360Mbps on WiFi with the router where it was. It was a great speed. Then the line speed was upgraded, and the WiFi speed dropped by more than 100Mbps. I didn’t even touch the router, but it did auto reboot. I’ve rebooted it several times since with no improvement. Now, wherever I put the router, my speed won’t go above 182Mbps, and it is the same on any device, and in the same room as the router, not the other side of the house. What’s the point in having 500Mbps to the house if my router isn’t capable of those speeds on WiFi.

"What’s the point in having 500Mbps to the house if my router isn’t capable of those speeds on WiFi."

This where customer's ability to order a service and to use it to any meaningful degree falls apart.

A fast internet supply is normally provisioned for may computers and devices, such as an office.

WiFi has many environmental variables, if the speed has dropped check the 5GHz bandwidth is set to 20/40/80 Mhz

Connect a computer via a network cable to see more speed and stability.

Hi Mavdo,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband speed. 

We are happy to take a look into this to see if anything can be done regarding the speed. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin