Menu
Bruffy74
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband slow

Constantly getting around 50mb broadband when paying for 350mb have done the usual switch off /on and have tried resetting the hub to no avail phoned a couple of times over last 2 months no response was told my broadband would be monitored for speeds on a weekly basis 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband slow

If you think that you have a BB speed problem, then to check the speeds coming in to your Hub properly, and whether they match what you should be getting, you cannot rely on wifi tests or use old kit, - no BB supplier guarantees wifi - only speeds "TO" the Hub are guaranteed.
So, you need to test speeds directly.... that's on an ethernet cable (Cat5e/6) connected to a GB enabled computer/laptop, with up to date drivers with the Hub switched in modem mode (see VM website for the "how to".
Test at speedtest.net to your nearest VM server - try 2 different browsers.

If they are still low – boot the device into safe+networking mode and try again.
There are many posts on here where unknown software or other "sleeping" connected devices are limiting speeds on tests.

Report back what that gets.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos