Menu
Paul_B1968
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed slow

Hello,

My broadband speed has been getting slower over the weeks and now its more-or-less unusable for Teams etc (I pay for 200MB Fibre). 

I ran three tests today and below was the best (laptop into router with wired connection, all other devices physically switched off). Time of test approx 15:00 today.

Could someone investigate please.

Capture 26_04_2021.JPG

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed slow

Are you testing wired or wireless?

What speed do you get on https://speedtest.samknows.com/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card?

1. Make sure the cable is Cat 5e or better
  2. Make sure your PC/laptop has a 1Gbps or better network card
  3. Disconnect all other Ethernet cables when running the test
***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed slow

Hi @Paul_B1968,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with slow broadband speeds- that doesn't look great at all. 

I've had a quick peek at the account and there's no area outage that could be causing this. 

I do note however that your hub was last rebooted 34 days ago. We do recommend a frequent reboot which will allow your connection to refresh and the devices to hop onto the least congested channels. Are you able to do this now and let me know if you notice any difference?

I can also see that some of the WiFi devices are very close to the Hub and could be wasting valuable WiFi bandwidth. Connecting them via Ethernet could improve things for other WiFi devices.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos